I thought it would be fun to look back on the first three months of 2014. It's hard to believe that one-fourth of this year is almost behind us. Sometimes I feel like I am dreaming for the days to fly by, but then when they are long gone, I wish I could get a few of the moments back.
Besides all the "what I wore" from January through March, I figured I would make a Top 12 list for my own personal gratification. Here goes. A milestone and memory countdown that came my way during the first part of 2014.
1. Both of my girls' birthdays (my oldest has her's on Saturday, but technically it's still in March). How in the world do I already have a 6 and 9 year-old? These sweet babies are growing way too fast, but it has been a pure joy to watch them grow and become young ladies. I can't forget my dad, father-in-law, brother, uncle, aunt, brother-in-law in this birthday mix. January through March are glorious birthday months in my family.
2. I was featured in the April issue of People's Style Watch. One of the most surreal moments in my entire life. I plan to frame two copies; one for each of my girls. They can pass them onto my grand kids one day.
3. I started Invisalign. I am on my fifth tray. I can see a small difference, but nothing too life changing. Three months down, fifteen to go (hopefully less).
4. I got denied for an iHeart Radio Country Music Fest press pass. I am still so bummed that I am going to miss out on this concert and show. All my faves are going to be a handshake away, but I just don't have it in me to try and find tickets at this point. I will just have to live vicariously through my friends and social media. I tried.
5. I am in CALIFORNIA!!! Hi!!! Wow, I can't wait to share my experience with Neutrogena with all of you soon. Having a glorious time and still trying to figure out how all this happened.
6. Our sweet dog, Gus, came home from bird dog training. Those few weeks while he was away were brutal. I really wish all of you could meet this precious boy. I swear, he is the kindest, most gentle and loving dog I have ever met. Of course I am partial, but truly, he is a gem and one of my BFFs.
7. Girls trip to Dallas with my human BFFs. These girls rock my socks off and I don't know what I would do without them. Five girls. One hotel room. A night to remember. I just wish we could do it once a month and find a way to bring our other sidekicks back to Texas.
8. Facebook turned 10-years-old. Wow! Now I feel old.
9. We actually had ice and a tad bit of snow in Austin which led to three days off from school. Just got word that none of these days will have to be made up! Holla!
10. My youngest cut her hair for the second time. She decided that she needed bangs. I think she might have learned her lesson this time. Momma didn't think it was so cute and funny the second time around.
11. Grew thicker skin through ugly words written behind a computer screen.
12. I have met so many new friends and partners not only in real life, but through this crazy world we call blogging. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful. This little space is a true testament to hard work, dedication and persistence paying off. Things will happen. You just have to believe.
P.S. Thank you so much for stopping by, reading and commenting while this week has been crazy for me. I apologize for being MIA on commenting and social media. I promise to be back in action when I get home. Your support means the world!! xoxo
**If you are linking up today, the only request is that you follow my blog with GFC or Bloglovin' and link back to it in your post. It's how weekly link ups work. Oh, and go meet some new friends!